Sunday, October 10, 2010

The School Superintendent's Passport

The children of a retired School Superintendent presented their parents with an all expense paid vacation to Europe for their 50th wedding anniversary. When the Superintendent and his wife arrived at the airport in Paris they were greeted by a French customs official who shouted
“passports”. The wife immediately handed over her passport however his the fatigue from the flight prevented the retired superintendent from remembering where he had put his passport during the flight. After a few minutes he was able to find his passport.

It was obvious the customs official was perturbed. He sarcastically asked "You have been to France before, monsieur?" The Superintendent nodded, "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready when you arrive."

The Superintendent sighed and said
"The last time I was in France, I didn't have to show my passport." "Impossible … Americans must always show their passports upon arriving in France!" replied the customs official. The Superintendent quietly said, ''Sir, the last time I visited France was 1944, D-Day. I arrived on Omaha Beach to help liberate France. Unfortunately I could not find a single Frenchmen to show my passport to."

No comments:

Post a Comment