Thursday, October 14, 2010

Library Hours

It was nearing 11PM and the Mayor and his wife were just settling into bed when the phone rang. The Mayor’s wife answered the phone and a man asked “Is the Mayor Home” Yes! she replied and handed the phone to her husband who said Hello.

Say what time does the library open?" the man on the phone. What? What time does the library open?" "Nine A.M." came the Mayor’s reply. "Not until nine A.M.?" the man responded in a disappointed voice.

"Hey what's the idea of calling me at home in the middle of the night to ask a question like that?" "Not until nine A.M.?" the man stated again. "No, not till nine A.M.!" the Mayor said. Well I can’t wait until 9AM the man commented.

"Why do you need to get in the library before nine A.M.?" Get in! Who said I wanted to get in?" the man sighed sadly. "I want to get out." Your damn librarian locked me in when she closed your library

No comments:

Post a Comment